Sunday, January 8, 2017

First Post of 2017 and a trailer for new blogpost series

Happy New Year Readers !!

Its late at night and I have taken up a 30 day challenge which will start from tomorrow. It is nothing new, just waking up early at a fix time and going through some set routines. I want to talk in detail about this, but it is getting late now. The first and most difficult task about this challenge is waking up at a fix time daily, may be 5 am, 4 am or 5.30 or any other time that suits. The goal is to get minimum 60 mins of me time before you start your day/office. ie you should wake up and spend 1 hour doing some specific task related to your development before you open your office email. or before you start getting ready for work.

I have heard that it takes 3 weeks or 21 days to develop a habit. last year I took up a 100 day running challenge, where I was required to run minimum of 2 kms daily for 100 consecutive days. I completed the challenge but that habit didn't sink in. may be the motivation wasn't correct or I wasn't focused. Although I improved my average running speed in those 100 days but I didn't continue the activity after the challenge. Hal Elrod (author of Miracle Morning) believes that 30 days is required to build a habit and sustain it. First 10 days will be unbearable, next 10 (11-20) will be uncomfortable and last 10 (21-30) will be unstoppable. In last 30 days you would be at ease with the new habit and it will be easy to sustain it.

My 30 day challenge revolves around this book (which I haven't read yet) and I am going to wake up early from tomorrow and start doing exercise and other self development stuffs. A part of this exercise requires writing, so i decided to write a blog instead of personal journal. The topics will be based on my mood and events going on in and around myself. I will certainly talking about the effect of this 30 day challenge too.

Running - Mumbai Marathon is coming up next Sunday and I have tons of excuses that why I didn't train hard and follow my diet etc. I am not sure if I will run or not, but if I run, i am determine to complete, no matter how much time I take. Might not be the best run of my life so far, but still a run to remember for a long time.

Juggling - No updates as of now. Working on some tricks which I was suppose to learn last year. Hopefully I will come up with a video by March end.

See you guys tomorrow Morning :)

#GoForGlory

No comments:

Post a Comment