Sunday, December 22, 2013

Standing in Queue

Third day of Mood I, Aamir Khan coming for some event at 4 pm and already a long queue has developed. Let me remind you, its just 2.30 pm now. I wanted to write a blog on 'December Checklist', but looking at the time I will be spending in this line, I decided to write something. Couple of incidences where I got into middle of long queue just to get early entry.

Let me first discuss the past experiences of IIT n long line. I like to follow rules and at times follow rules coz of fear of consequences of braking it. I hated to join a line in between, seems unjustice for those who are standing since mins and even hours. I have a friend, rather bhai mera, Sachin. Half of college might be knowing him. Fearless n joyful n line breaker. It was with him that I first broke a line a overtook about 200 students in line. Once you do it and you are uncaught, you are bound to reapeat. This first time was followed by many similar events.

Last two days of Mood I, we got in between line for both evening shows in SAC. Last night we had three of our batchmates already in line. Slowly slowly one after all, three increased to 30. No one objecting and no screaming. Seems like a normal procedure over here and every one enjoys it. At times even we are the one suffering, but its fine. We love it, I guess everyone here does it. Experiences like this and brotherhood of this type makea IIT life special. It may even be the characteristic of all campus life.

Today, I am braking that tradition and standing in line from start. Expecting my parents to turn up anytime and it will great to have them. Suddenly line discpline became strict because of more security. I have a camera but its not allowed inside, this is what they say.

Since I have extra time, I can write few more lines. Mood I has been fun. Attending late night shows. One of them included classical music (flute) with Pandit Ronu. Papon n Euphoria were amazing. Standing along the barricade gives oppurtunity to be close to band. At the same time you have to handle pressure of people pushing you and fighting for prime standing spots. Standing four hours straight n jumping and rocking ain't easy.

A breaking news to make a note of is, I gave up my intention/dream of having a gf by Dec 2013. There are some 10 days left, but I gave up. Thats it. Girla started getting entry it seems. I am trying to get in with camera. Stay tuned for more updates.

Post didn't get published before. Chaos happened and I lost interest. Lots of pushing and I left the line to go some silent peace.  Then met Shri and some of her friends on my way back. So standing in line again but at the back now. Nitish n Aanish went and brought Burger for me and got chance to breach security and get in line with me. They will surely have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment