Monday, December 2, 2013

December - Starts with a Joy Ride

This post is about my Cycle ride from IIT to home. Numerically its less than 10 kms and hardly took more than 40 mins. It was a one stop journey via Mulund D-Mart. 10 kms, is hardly anything, there are normal people running more than this everyday, so what the big deal ? Big Deal lies inside me and on the road and its about braking the shackles. Manzil se behtar lagne lage hai rasste - yup, my post won't have the manzil part, but the journey part, the story before i kicked off the cycle is discussed.

People how know me, they very much know how un-sporty person I am. Hardly involved in any outdoor activity. So, a 10 km was a small, a tiny stepping stone on a new path I have choose for myself. Less Tech oriented and more fun activities like night outs, group studies, movie once a month (minimum), dominoz, etc etc. Secondly, I was to take the eastern express way to ride home, other route was slow but had small roads. So, going on a highway with cars crossing you in a blink on an eye is risky but exciting as well. Deep down in my Heart, I was having a slight bit of worry.

Thankfully I had my friends to accompany me. So, we were to do this on Saturday (7/12/2013), but one of my friend was leaving on 4th Dec and so we decided 30 Nov. The day came and none of us were in the mood to go out and we cancelled it. Next day I had to go to college for my duty and then we were to go shopping. We decided Mulund D-Mart. Now, a day before this, I had an argument with mom and I badly wanted cycle back home to prepare for an cycling event on 15th Dec and I finally got the permission from parents.

Sunday, the day came. We slept after duty and it was already 5pm when we left. To go D-Mart, LBS road, ie Huma-Dreams mall road was the good route as far as distance is concerned. We were tired and more than my friends, I was tired to ride cycle, but at same time I wanted the cycle back home for next one week. We said yes and then no and then yes and it went on. Finally we were going by bus. Something happened and I said I am taking cycle.

It had happened in the past that I decided so many things and events and gave up in middle, I was determined to change the past. I took the cycle and My friends, gave up and were ready to take the cyclous ride to D-Mart. Then the forces of Nature came in and they didn't get their cycle and had to take bus. Their support was crucial at that moment and it was final push i needed to cross the line. Road was mostly downhill and much effort was needed at all. We shopped and then I came back home and my friends returned to hostel.

Riding part was purely mechanical and being a Sunday, traffic was less and less was the exhaustion. Cycle had a loose rear mud guard which made annoying noise. About the passing of cars on blink of a car - that was not the case. I took a different route but I made it. Stay tuned, I promise there are certainly more post to be updated and written. Had my first day today in TATA Power SED as an intern. May be next post will have it. Sorry, If I miss out on any point.

Sachin and Nitish are the friends I am talking about. They are Research Assistant at IITB and doing MTech. My batchmates, Bhai hai yaar mere woh..

No comments:

Post a Comment