Friday, December 6, 2013

Internship at TATA Power SED

It startrd from 2nd December, near Chandivili junction. As we entered, within 15 mins we were told our project and what they expect from us and related stuff. A challenging task ia what they say n it really is. Rather its my inefficiency which is making it look likr an uphill task.

Its like solving a big assignment with a big team. Learning softwares never heard of. Main relief came when we were told that its not compulsory to be in office everyday and also there are no time limits or restrictions. Phew, took a huge burden away. Wearing a new formal each and everyday, something i dreamt of from a long back time. Watching my dad prepare for work n leather shoes, plain white hanky and a great watch. Finally I am getting to experience it..

Being in IIT, where my friends beling to all part of India except Mumbai. I never imagined that I will travel back from iff to home with my friend. TATA gave that chance. My friend will wait 15 mins n get into crowded bus which will take me home. He surely has options of other less crowded bus. He will leave it for me. About Bus, BEST has a good connectivity and equally good and co-operative are the people using it. I started liking public transport more than ever.. Total of 90 mins travel from home to office and it is totally worth it.

About the company and work environment, all I can say -'its Chill'. Only designing takes place and so all busy with some kind of design software and some kind of big printouts. Mess is small like the plant and food us good. I take my own tiffin, Somaiya ki yaad dila di. There are Owen where you can get your food heated up. What I disliked is that we have to submit cell phones at security desk. This place us under some government defence something something.. Overall a small office but an Awesome one.

My task is to analytically find natural frequency of some big structure and code it. This should act as base for other projects. Further they want to carry out some dynamic analysis too if time permits. Here's the catch- coding and that too Matlab.. I ain't best at coding, but I am certainly Better than Most for sure. A new task and new coding methodology needed. Combining Vibration Theory along with matlab, I never did it before. I hope I do a proper justice and complete the task my December end.

Wapas end se yaad aaya, bus journey about to end and mere ghar ka stop aa raha hai. See you soon, my Lovely Readers !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment