Saturday, October 10, 2020

Shah Rukh Khan - Then and Now

 In one of my earlier post I said Rab ne bana di jodi is one of my favorite movies, I might have seen that movie like more than 20 times. Recently I stumbled on Dil toh Pagal hai - 10 times I watched it last month. I used to think I like Kuch Kuch Hota Hai more than Dil toh Pagal hai, but I was wrong. After watching a few of his other movies recently I saw some commonalities between his roles back then and now. ie for movies which are like 10-15 years apart. I will list some of the eye-catching points - 


1. Rebirth

a. Karan Arjun (1995)
b. Om Shanti Om (2007)



In both, the movies Shah Rukh dies once then takes a rebirth. For quite some time he doesn't have a memory of his past life and then there is Eureka moment in the movie and he recollects everything.


2. Dancing

Well, actors do dance in all the movies, I am not talking about such a dance. I would like to mention movies that were built around the art of dancing.


a. Dil Toh Pagal Hai (1997)
b. Rab ne bana di jodi (2008)




In Dil toh pagal hai he plays the role of director of a dance/music show. Rahul (Shah Rukh) finds his love when he is in search of a new dancer for his next show. In Rab ne bana di jodi, he plays dual character, and interestingly, the name of one of the characters was Rahul.


3. Coaching

Rahul definitely likes to coach. I guess he might have been a teacher if not an actor. Movies - 

a. Chamatkar (1992)
b. Mohabbatein (2000)
c. Chak de India (2007)




In Chamatkar movie - Shah Rukh plays the role of a cricket coach of a college team. In Chak de India he is a hockey coach and in Mohabbatein he is a Music teacher - coaching students on Love :P


4. Trial Room

a. Dil toh Pagal Hai (1997)
b. Rab ne bana di Jodi (2008)





Here I would like to mention or highlight about a particular scene getting almost repeated - A deja Vu sort of moment. If you have seen the movie then you know it :D

5. Chased by Dogs

a. Dil toh Pagal Hai (1997)
b. Badshah (1999)



6. Wrong Number

a. Dil toh Pagal Hai (1997)
b. Kuch Kuch Hota hai (1998)





In Dil toh pagal hai - Shah Rukh accidentally dials in the wrong number on the night of Valentine. It goes to Madhuri Dixit instead of Karishma Kapoor.
In the movie Kuch kuch hota hai - there is a mix up at the airport - the receptionist transferred the wrong call to Sha Rukh. This happened because of the name 'Anjali' - the name of his daughter as well as his college colleague.


7. Music

a. Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (1994)
b. Dil toh Pagal Hai (1997)
c. Pardes (1997)
d. Mohabbatein (2000)




In all these movies Shah Rukh played one or the other instrument and music played a big role in the movie.



Hope You Enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment